[OKC] 4-8 Whole Foods gives 5% to Closer to Earth

Susie Derichsweiler sderichsweiler at cox.net
Mon Apr 6 17:28:13 PDT 2015

>From Allen Parlier .

Share the news! Our Central Park Neighborhood Youth Group called Closer to
Earth Youth Gardens will receive 5% of all sales at the OKC Whole Foods
Market this Wednesday, April 8th !

This is our neighborhood non-profit youth group supporting at-risk youth to
help themselves and their community to make healthier choices and become
environmental advocates! YOU can help our youth and yourself by shopping at
Whole Foods on Wednesday, April 8th. We will have a table there so you can
meet some of our youth.

The CPNA started this Closer to Earth youth group in 2007 in partnership
with Harding Fine Arts Academy. Youth enter C2E doing school or court
required community service and when finished can apply to be a paid garden
trainee to work with other youth. These are the youth taking care of the
Shartel Medians from 30th to 33rd and ten organic greenspaces (former vacant
lots) in Central Park.
Closer to Earth has been coordinating the composting of the food waste  from
the OKC Whole Foods store since opening in October of 2011.  This large
scale composting supports our greenspaces in Central Park and our urban farm
called CommonWealth Urban Farms.
If you want to know more.... see Closertoearth.org
<http://Closertoearth.org/>  or Commonwealthurbanfarms.com
<http://Commonwealthurbanfarms.com/>  or come by Whole Foods this Wednesday
!
You can begin Earth Month by buying some Whole Foods and helping our
neighborhood youth!

Thanks,
Allen Parleir, Coordinator
Closer to Earth Youth Gardens