[OKC] Need an expert with credentials

Bob Waldrop bob at bobwaldrop.net
Mon May 25 14:44:45 PDT 2015

so. . . I need someone with some horticultural credentials to certify
that in their opinion, the following list of plants are NOT weeds.  OKC
code enforcement is once again attacking the abundance of my yard.  See
the pictures at http://www.bobwaldrop.net/?p=1803.

I have been cited for tall grass and weeds.  One of my defenses is that
none of my plants are weeds.  To show that this is more than my personal
opinion, I am looking for people with any kind of horticultural
credentials (degrees, jobs, etc) who would sign a statement along the
lines of --

These plants are not weeds.  They are plants that are ornamental,
useful, edible, or provide important ecosystem services for bees and
butterflies. Growing these plants in an urban area is an important
public service.

Or words to that effect anyway.

The plants growing at my place are:

Alfalfa
Apple Mint
Blackberries
Blueberries
Butterfly bush
Butterfly weed
Cannas
Clove currants
Comfrey
Crimson clover
Daylilies
Delphinium
Eupatoria
Hairy vetch
Hardy hibiscus
Hollyhocks
Jerusalem artichokes
Lambs ears
Liatris
Loofa vine
Maximilien sunflowers
Morning glories
Nanking cherries
Native sunflowers
Oregano
Pole beans
Prairie roses
Prickly pear
Scarlett runner bean
Spearmint
Walking Onions
White Dutch clover
Yarrow

Anyone willing to help with this?

I am appealing the code violation and the hearing is set for June 2nd.
I have an attorney who is interested in helping, but he will be out of
town on the hearing date.  I think if I lose at the hearing I appeal to
the City Council, and if I lose there, I believe we will go to court.
The city is claiming that I can't have anything taller than 18 inches
between the sidewalk and the street, and in all my years of gardening
here and interactions with code enforcement, this is the first time that
claim has been brought up.

Bob Waldrop